Random Moment of Beauty: Kid's Art

When we first moved into our house, I hung this picture as a place-holder to fill the gap between bedroom doors, and it's been there ever since. I can't get over how nice it looks. My daughter Rose had a school assignment to paint a bird, and she executed this really lovely bluejay. I didn't want to lose this picture, so I stuck it into a frame -- a cracked cheap pink frame. I didn't have a mat, so I just positioned it in the center of the gray cardboard backing.

But .... it works. Better than some of my professionally-matted pictures. Go figure.

Just goes to show that Beauty can alight anywhere it chooses....

Comments

I should dig up a picture of what Hubby decided to do with our hallway. He hung up three thin curtain rods and I put up a set of curtain clips on each rod. We rotate the children's artwork on two of the rods, and I hang 5x7's back to back on the middle rod. Usually the photos are just printed from my digital photo files that I have on the computer. It's a mini-gallery for the girls, and we often use it to display some of their prettier school projects.

If I can't find a picture of it, I'll take one soon and post it at Domestic Vocation.

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars