Golden Silence


Be still and know that I am God."


God asks us to rest one day a week, and at times that's difficult to do. But sometimes, when you've been working hard, and suddenly stop, stillness and silence flood inside you with such power that you can't move, can't do anything but sit and listen... listen to the silence.


We experienced that on Saturday, after a hard day's work, when while finishing up some outside work, my husband and I both sat down and stopped.

Beauty and silence. What would we do without a good healthy dose of that in our lives?

I know it's Monday, and we're all rushing ahead on the work week. But if you haven't had a few minutes of silence to yourself to rest in God, do so. Soon.

We all need it.

Comments

Julie said…
What a beautiful picture...thanks for the reminder to be still and quiet!

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars