Oliver Hill: Outdoor Living Spaces




I love how a simple square of old bricks and a park bench tranforms a stretch of lawn into an outdoor room. I love how, at Oliver Hill, there are places for adults to sit, children to play, goats and chickens to roam, and a bonfire to burn. And as usual with Molly's home, there are little unique touches: the wind chimes in the tree near the goat tethers, and a large marble statue of Our Lady amid the flowers by the front door, which I dubbed "Our Lady of Freecycle," since that's how Molly acquired it. (The man who was offering it said, "I don't think it will fit in your car," and Molly and her husband immediately responded, "Oh, we'll make it fit!")

(Which goes to prove once again my observation that in America, you can get almost anything for free if you are in the right place at the right time!)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars