St. Lucy's Breakfast



"This is the shortest Advent ever!" one of my girls exclaimed yesterday. I am inclined to agree: due to upheavals in moving rooms around, we couldn't find our Advent calendar or Advent wreath until last week. And while the Advent Calendar is at last in its familiar place, there's no room for our hanging Advent wreath, due to new light fixtures. So we are wreath-less in the fourth week of Advent, a telling sign as to how behind we are.

For instance, I meant to post this photo of our St. Lucy's morning breakfast by the fire last week, but only got to it now... I actually had a few other Advent posts I never got to. I will mention how glad I was that I did manage to find our little Lucy doll. We purchased her from Magic Cabin Dolls last year, and she oversaw the holiday table with the help of an overturned pot and some plasti-tak. Our main course was Monkey Bread (eaten too fast to be photographed), which my husband and oldest daughter delight in making. Since my oldest daughter is a budding cook but not an actress, she refuses to wear the white dress and lighted crown while serving us. So little St. Lucy stands for her instead. :)



So Advent marches on. Though I do have gifts all wrapped and am making preparations for the upcoming labor and delivery, of course not everything else is done. The rest just must fall where it will. Please pray for a safe birth for our new little one, and if this is the last you hear from me before Christmas, so be it. So many things that happen to us as mothers are out of our control: labor and the time of birth being only the most prominent. Christmas, like the Parousia, will come whether or not we are prepared. All we can do is do our best to be ready.

Peace to your final preparations,

Regina

Comments

Kristyn Hall said…
I've been thinking of you and hoping the waiting and busyness aren't wreaking havoc on your Christmas spirit! Motherhood is such a series of conflicting emotions sometimes. With prayers,
Kristyn Hall
JMJ said…
God Bless Regina! You will be in our prayers! Merry ChristMass!
Nicole Bradica said…
Many prayers for you and your family this Christmas Season and more prayers for the soon approaching birth of the new babe!
Jen said…
Have a blessed Christmas and a safe delivery. We will be praying for you and your family! :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars