Monday, July 21, 2008

Favorite Things: Serving Pedestals

I admit, I love silver and I love dishes on pedestals. I was first introduced to the beauty of pedestals at a homey hole-in-the-wall pizzeria, where the pizza was served on pedestals so that even six diners could gather around the restarant's diminuitive tables to eat. I actually own one restaurant pedestal, bought from a diner going-out-of business. I happened upon the other two in separate thrift stores: they cost about $8.00 each. Right now I don't use them very often, but they always stay on my counter. Alas, the glass cake stand I blogged about has met its demise, but its top remains with us, at least as of this blogging, as you can see from the photo above.

4 comments:

Soul Pockets said...

Is that your kitchen in the picture? I would love to see a bigger picture of it. It looks beautiful as well as the stands.

regina doman said...

I will have to, some time. I'm self-conscious about my kitchen: the countertops and cabinets are really terrible and crooked. I keep hoping to win the lottery and be able to replace them! But I'll try to post if I can find a fragment of beauty about them...

Mrs. Hall said...

I love pictures of your kitchen, Regina! It looks so warm and homey. We have open shelves in our kitchen too, and I have grown to love them. Never whacking my head on an open cabinet door while putting away dishes...priceless. :o)

Elizabeth said...

I inherited my Aunt's silver cake server...LOVE that pedestal!
The glass lid is just perfect.
Pax