Random Moment of Beauty: Queen Anne's Lace

Queen Anne, Queen Anne has washed her lace
(She chose a summer's day)
And hung it in a grassy place
To whiten, if it may.

Queen Anne, Queen Anne has left it there,
And slept the dewy night;
Then waked, to find the sunshine fair,
And all the meadows white.

Queen Anne, Queen Anne is dead and gone
(She died a summer's day)
But left her lace to whiten in
Each weed-entangled way!

by Mary Leslie Newton

For more interesting facts about this lovely flower, click here.

Comments

Janet Cupo said…
Once, when I was sitting the lobby of a Bed & Breakfast in Mountain View, AR; a young boy--about 6--came in and held out a stalk of Queen Anne's Lace to me and asked, "Would you like to have this beautiful thing?" Indeed, I would. I have always loved QAL since then.

AMDG,
Janet

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars