Queenship of Mary Procession

Last weekend, we had two neighbor families over on Sunday afternoon for a little ceremony in honor of Our Lady. Since the Queenship of Mary is my feast day, and it seems that family processions are becoming more regular in our lives, I finally decided to buckle down and make some banners (from Dharmatrading.com) in honor of Our Lady. My children drew large Marian symbols on scrap paper with black permanent marker: a lilly, a crown with stars, the Holy Spirit, the Immaculate Heart. Then I placed each one under a banner and traced the design with silver fabric paint. Next I carefully dropped diluted fabric dye onto the banners, which spreads until (hopefully) it meets the resistance of the paint, creating an almost stained-glass look. We hung our banners on branches for the children to carry. Others carried flowers, and one little girl carried a small crown of flowers on a sofa pillow. Our hymn to the Queen might have been off-key, but the procession was lovely. We trailed our way to our little shrine of statues, crowned our Lady, and prayed a decade of her Rosary and the Divine Mercy Chaplet, then returned to the house for angel-food cake and iced tea for the children, and beer for the adults. Our Lady, pray for us!

Comments

Amy said…
BEAUTIFUL! I am so glad to know that there our families practicing such beautiful Catholic traditions!
Kristyn Hall said…
I'm a little jealous... so far my husband doesn't go for those kind of things... but maybe one day... The pictures are beautiful.

Love your new table in the next post! And congratulations on the upcoming blessing. You'll be in my prayers... I lost a baby this summer and I have been spending time every day praying for my expectant friends. :)

I posted a review of WR on my site recently. Maybe it should be called "WR: Random Ramblings" instead of a review but there it is. It is my favorite of all your books.
http://hallcottage.blogspot.com/2010/09/waking-rose-review.html

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars