My Two Desks



Working on my new novel series from 4 am to 6 am at this desk has been a blessing this past summer. I write at a salvaged desk that just fits between our two bookshelves in our parlor ("away room") surrounded by some of our best-loved books (including the History of Middle Earth, gifted to us by a great friend). Someone noted this desk is very neat. That's because the only thing I do here is write my novel. 
This is my "regular" desk where everything else in my life gets done or gets lost. I am grateful for both desks.  And there you have the two halves of my life these days.

Comments

Rosemary said…
May I ask what time you go to bed? I am trying to re-acquire writing habits now that my children are 4 and 2, and morning seems like it would be the best time, but I'm having a hard time visualizing myself getting up at 4am! :)
regina doman said…
I do go to bed around 10 PM and I try to keep an early night: no watching movies or TV, just head towards bed. Electronics just inevitably extend the night hours even if I am feeling sleepy when I sit down to watch!

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars