Christmas Presents 2009: Evi Dressable Dolls!



It is with great pleasure that I announce that my favorite dollhouse dolls in the entire world, Nova Natural's Evi dolls, are now available as dressable dolls!

For years my children have been playing with these dolls, made of wool and cotton by a fair-trade labor cooperative, which are available in various fairy-tale characters, including knights and princesses. But my girls kept trying to change the clothes on the dolls, which are sewn on the bodies. I asked Nova Natural if they would consider carrying dressable dolls, and this Christmas season, they have them at last!

Click here to see pictures of their dollhouse family which come with removeable modern clothing. I ordered the father and mother dolls, and I decided to surprise my middle daughter this Christmas by dressing up these dolls as Paul Fester and Rachel Durham from my Fairy Tale Novel The Midnight Dancers!


(A caveat: The Midnight Dancers is "PG" (parental guidance suggested), but my husband read it aloud to my ten-year old (with judicious edits).) My oldest daughter is in on the secret, and she helped sew some of the clothes. In the photo above, the doll Rachel leaves aside her apron for the glamorous dancing dress she's created, while juggler Paul Fester (played by the father doll) tries to reason with her.


And here we have Paul instructing Rachel's younger sisters Linette and Debbie (played by the Nova Natural boy and girl dollhouse doll) in the fine art of juggling.

Hopefully we'll finish more outfits before Christmas! Now that the Evi dolls are dressable, I see myriads of possibilities: I've started making dress patterns for princess dresses for them. If you buy an Evi Doll and want to have a look at my pattern, email me and let me know!

So if you are looking for a natural and modest alternative to a Barbie doll or Polly Pocket that respects the innocence of children, I highly recommend the new dressable Evi dolls. With a little bit of sewing, you can make them into princes, princesses, fairies, Our Lady of Guadalupe, the saints -- the options are limited only by your imagination. Check them out here!

Comments

Thanks for the tip! I recently bought one Evi doll for each of my children. Now I sort of wish I'd waited til I'd seen this, but oh well, next year! I am not much of a seamstress anyhow. Your doll outfits are very cute and how awesome is that that your children want to play out the stories you've written?
sjheathcote said…
I am really interested in the patterns for the dressable EVI dolls. I just got some for my granddaughter. I can't find a way to email you.
Thanks!!
Judy

Popular posts from this blog

Clothing Organization part 3: Detachment and Appreciation

What I do with Old Scapulars